Saturday 30 March 2013

Ten reasons why I love Pinterest

1. I'm a total addict when it comes to interiors: most of my pins feature rooms I like.

2. I'm a very visual person; the aesthetic is important to me - there are gazillions of pictures on there.

3. I used to spend a fortune on glossy fashion and interiors magazines to only really look at the pictures. Pinterest equals no need for actual paper.

4. It's quite a 'happy' place - the lighter side of social networking. Fellow 'pinners' are similarly dreamy and aspirational: there's a lack of cynicism and seriousness. 

5. Once you get the hang of it, it's really uncomplicated and quite low-tech.

6. There are seemingly no limitations to what goes up on there. I have no desire to research a potentially darker side to this, but I do appreciate the pictures of animals in clothes and toddlers dressed as old ladies.

7. As I've mentioned before, I was a Blue Peter kind of girl when I was growing up; it's a scrapbook for grown-ups!

8. Like Twitter, Pinterest changes constantly, particularly if you follow lots of boards, so it's perfect for those with the attention span of a gnat - err, that will be me then.

9. There are loads of professional design people on there, so if you follow their boards, you can 'borrow' lots of their ideas. Paying for their design service and experience would actually cost heaps.

10. An evening spent pinning is as relaxing as reading a good book/watching a great film. In this crazy world we live in, relaxation is key.

To see what I'm wittering about, follow me on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment