Friday 29 March 2013

Liebster Award

 
My blog addiction means I make regular use of the 'Bloglovin' app on my phone. It enables you to follow blogs and get automatic updates of new posts.
 
The last week of term has been characteristically bonkers. Combine that with an imminent house move, and my self-indulgent blog-reading (and writing) habit has been in a state of neglect recently.
 
However, I was thrilled to be notified of a new post by Alexis at 'Something I Made': thrilled because I like her blog, and even more thrilled because she's bestowed upon me a 'Liebster Award'.
 
I've seen a few of these on the many blogs I follow, and from what I understand, it's a sort of virtual (and non-weirdy) chain letter whereby bloggers get asked a series of questions and have to pass their own set of questions on to some other fellow bloggers. Usually, I delete those annoying chain emails/text messages and am always particularly bothered by those with a vaguely threatening tone. This is different though, and it made my day to be invited in further to the blogging community by someone whose blog I love reading - check it out; she's a talented lady!
 
So, here goes...
 
1. Which is your favourite post on your own blog?
 
This is a tricky one as 'Five on the Door' is certainly work in progress and I'm barely managing to stick to my minimum of five posts per month. I guess I like my 'Mulling over mothering' post as it was a heartfelt post that I needed to write at that particular time. My favourite post from my first blog 'Brighton Ramblings', has to be 'A Letter to Dexter'; it received a lot of love and really summed up my reasons for starting blogging. It also marked the successful completion of my 366 blog posts in one year challenge.
 
2. Do your 'real' friends know about/care about/read your blog?
 
Yes! I always post links on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and usually receive some sort of feedback from friends. Some of my colleagues comment on posts they've read and my parents and in-laws particularly like posts about Dexter.
 
3. Is there anything you regret NOT doing in your life (so far)?
 
Nope, I'm a looking forward kinda' girl. Life's too short to dwell on the what might have beens... Okay, if I had to pick something, I sort of wish I'd got in the birthing pool when it was offered to me during labour. I would have loved for Dexter to have been born in the water, but I was pretty insistent at the time that I was going to stay put on all fours on the bed. Perhaps that's something I'll be able to rectify one day...
 
4. Camping or boutique hotel?
 
Easy: the latter EVERY TIME! I hate camping; I love luxury. We honeymooned at Babington House (arguably, the original boutique hotel) in one of their walled garden rooms: I was in heaven.
 
5. Best way to get from A to B?
 
Horse, hands (hooves) down!
 
6. It's 8pm on a Friday night: what are you doing (in your ideal world)?
 
Tricky. On a summer's evening, riding through the countryside. In less clement weather, I'm in a robe at Brighton's Treatment Rooms experiencing some luxury spa treatments.
 
What I'm actually doing is inevitably falling asleep in a pool of my own drool on the sofa after half a glass of wine and an episode of Corrie. I can but dream...
 
7. Done any good projects recently?
 
Err, as much as I would love to give the Allsop a run for her money on the whole crafty front, I have no time and no skills. The closest I've come is filling my Pinterest boards with stuff I like, particularly with ideas for our new house.
 
8. Best thing to do within a few minutes of your home?
 
There are a couple of really nice parks, some great pubs and a train station to get you to the centre of Brighton in seconds!
 
9. If you could learn a new skill, what would you choose?
 
I would really love to be able to play the piano.
 
10. ...and your superpower, if you had one?
 
To be able to condense a huge number of hours of sleep into about three.
 
11. Finally, why did you decide to start a blog?
 
I like to write and I like to share!
 
 
 
Now I get to come up with my own questions!
 
And I'm asking them to:
 
 
 
 
 
 
1. What would your dream gig be?
 
2. Who is your favourite literary character and why?
 
3. What has been the best year of your life so far?
 
4. Who is your secret crush?
 
5. Guilty pleasure?
 
6. Tastiest snack?
 
7. Who would play you in the film of your life?
 
8.Which one of your senses could you least live without?
 
9. Favourite cocktail?
 
10. Who would be your dream prime minister?
 
11. Finally, if you were a vegetable, what would you be?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you so much! What marvellous questions too! I'll have to get my thinking cap on....

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking cap in place yet, Kate?! x

    ReplyDelete