Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow Business
















Having written 366 posts in one year on my first ever blog, Brighton Ramblings, I have been somewhat neglectful of my new venture, having had little inspiration of late.

Change is afoot in our household, but not sufficiently so to write about. The weekend's snow flurries seemed the perfect excuse to wrap up warm, take the boy and the camera out, catch up with a dear, dear friend and check out the white stuff!

It's been snowing all day today, after starting in earnest on Friday. To be completely honest, I'm a bit of a 'snow Grinch': I hate being cold; am clumsy and so fall over enough anyway; I have no desire to try anything remotely 'exhilarating'/likely to cause broken bones. However, I'm sure there's something in some parenting manual somewhere that dictates one must take small people out in the snow for the magical experience and to get some snaps for the family album.

*Whispers*, I actually quite enjoyed myself. It's Narnia-beautiful out there, pleasingly traffic-free and quiet, and the snow seems to make people a bit more smiley and friendly.

Plus, coming home to hot cocoa, apple pie and toddler nap-time/mummy blog-time, definitely made it all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment