Tuesday 1 January 2013

A new door opens...

Welcome! Open the door numbered five, and step inside. I'm quite excited about this first post of a brand-new blog. You may have come across my writing before at http://brightonramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

That was my first blog: 366 posts dedicated to my little boy, Dexter. I've decided to finish my ramblings though and keep them as an archive for my boy - a sort of virtual baby book. Hence, 'Five On The Door' was born.

I've caught the blogging bug, but I didn't really know where to go from here, having had such a clear focus for the past year. The blogs I tend to enjoy reading (I'm totally addicted), seem to be categorised by the somewhat nebulous title of 'lifestyle'; perhaps that's what FOTD will become.

I have no real skills or talents, but I have a keen interest in lots of 'stuff'. From interiors to fashion, vintage to modern, Scandinavia to Brighton (via Manchester), novels to poetry, and people, in all their guises.

An English teacher by trade, I love words and really love to write. I hope to document the things that make me tick, and practise recording them through photographs too (beautiful photos are another one of my 'things').

So why 'Five On The Door'? Well, it's currently the number on my front door, although we're hoping to move in 2013 - naturally, I'll blog about that! Five is also my favourite number (I was born on 05/05), and numbers are another quirk of mine. The number five feels like a good omen to me. The 'door' idea suggests an opening, a welcome, a passageway into a different place. I hope you'll open it and visit. 

Come on in, kick your shoes off and have a cup of tea - always Teapigs 'everyday brew'. Feel free to leave a comment.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment