Thursday 29 August 2013

Back to school...

Dexter's new (old) desk

A week today, I will have taught my first lessons of the new term. *Whispers*, I quite like the 'back to school' feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love the school holidays and I really love the 6am alarm being turned off for six weeks, but I enjoy the roll of the seasons. I relish the beginnings of Autumn: the beautiful light and the cooler air creeping in, meaning I can legitimately wear sleeves again. To me, the start of September signals a new pencil case, new stationery, choosing winter boots, meeting my new students and getting back into a routine that makes the holidays feel even more special.
 
I am privileged enough this year to be dropping down to a four day week. I'll be off every Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to more time with my boy and a sense of balance - oh, and one week day with the alarm turned off.
 
I'm hoping I'll also get some more blogging inspiration and time to document. Watch this space...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment