Sunday 12 May 2013

A birthday stroll

Hello! I'm back. I've hated neglecting the blog recently, but the move, working full-time and our new Internet connection with teething problems, have conspired against me.

Life is different; life is good. We're settled and yet still living with lots of boxes. Life is easier and yet still mentally busy. I've had an enforced absence from the Internet and social networking and I've HATED it.

Now we're on line and the computer is set up in our new study, I promise to be a better blogger. I'm still passionate about it as a concept, and I really want it to go somewhere, but I realise I've got to put the effort in.

Last weekend marked the occasion of my 35th birthday, or #halfwaytoseventy as I renamed it with uncharacteristic pessimism.

I had a big girls' night out planned on Friday in Brighton - a shared event with a very close friend whose birthday is three days before mine. Dexter got tonsillitis. By about 6pm on Friday evening, he had a raging temperature spike and we carted him off to the emergency out of hours doctor. Friday night for me was cancelled.

By Sunday, my actual birthday, he was making a good recovery. It was a gloriously sunny day and all I wanted to do to celebrate was have some quality family time with my lovely boys. So we went for a walk.

We walked through our new village (despite living in a new-build development, I have somewhat grandiose ideas I am now a country bumpkin), round a local park which is home to a lovely country hotel, and ended up at a tea rooms.

It was a proper old-lady afternoon out, and I loved it! We all got a healthy glow from some exposure to actual sunshine, Dexter attempted some 'sheep whispering' and I ate the best ploughman's lunch in the South East. Perfect.
















No comments:

Post a Comment